Wednesday, December 22, 2010

YAY!!

People are reading my blog!  Granted it's only my close family, and I had to beg them, but still someone is reading my blog!
It's almost christmas time and here at the Bender family we're not really celebrating it.  Also Bender was a character from The Breakfast Club and there is a scene where he talks about Christmas at his house and blah de blah de blah.  If you don't get the reference, you should watch the movie, or at least a clip from YouTube. 
Anyway back to the christmas. 
My family has mostly grown up me being the youngest, and we decided not to really do christmas.  We're a danish family GO DANES!! and there was a tradition in are house where we open presents on christmas eve, and open stockings on christmas day.  Alas the time of childhood glee unwrapping a present is gone, and christmas is meaningless for 20 something people.

One more thing, my ma told me she looked for It's a Wonderful Life on tv, and we have satelite, and it's not on!?  The classic and iconic black and white film of brilliance with Clarence (hope I spelled that right) won't be on for christmas is a travesty of epic and devastating proportions that will reverberate in my life for years perhaps decades to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment